Corona virus update
24th march 2020
I will use this page to provide updates on any impact Corona Virus has on my service or the feasibility of performing at your wedding or event.
NEW: To save on the amount of e-mailing you have to do, you can go here and check my availablity if your venue has closed or asked you to reschedule.
NEW: I am creating and uploading a range of social stories to help those of you who have a child or know someone with a child on the ASD Spectrum. You can see them here.
Let me start by saying that I along with every other supplier you have booked are committed to minimising any disruption COVID-19 may have on your big day.
The current situation is evolving very quickly and increased measures may be implemented by the Governments in Westminster, Holyrood, at local authority level or by your venue but as far as possible, until you've received concrete instructions that it's not possible to continue with things as planned, please try to remain calm and continue as if the day is going ahead as planned.
With that being said, you will know better than anyone who is going to be at your big day and should respond appropriately if you are concerned about their wellbeing.
On a personal level I am continuing to run the business as is except that all scheduled and unscheduled meetings will now be held over phone or via Skype for the foreseeable future. Below are further details on possible outcomes though be aware these may change as the situation unfolds:
In the event that I fall ill or have to self-isolate:
- I will inform you as soon as possible that I am unwell and may not be able to fulfil my duties for you.
- I am a member of a small group of highly experienced, professional wedding DJs who are currently banding together to support and cover the bookings of anyone unable to do so through sickness. A replacement would be sought from the group, your booking information (including contract, planner input, meeting notes etc...) would be passed over to the new DJ and they would perform in my place. I would cover any additional cost if their fees were higher than mine.
- If this was not a suitable solution for you, you would receive a full refund from me, our contract would be cancelled by mutual consent and you would be free to find another DJ of your choosing. See T's and C's below
In the event that you choose to reschedule the wedding:
- Please inform me as soon as possible
- Providing I'm still available on your new date and there's no material change to the booking terms (e.g. venue, timings, package etc...) I will move the booking to your new date providing its within a 12 month period of your original date with no further cost to you. This timeframe may be altered depending on the scale of rescheduling which needs to take place. Bookings on new dates beyond 12 months may be subject to additional fees.
- In order to maintain cash flow and ensure I can continue to be operational: 50% of the final balance will be payable on the original due date (28 days prior to the original booked date) with the remainder of your balance due 28 days before the rescheduled date. The alternative was continuing to charge the full balance on the originally contracted date which I feel is unfair on my clients at this point in time.
- If there are material changes to the booking (e.g. venue, timings, package etc...) then I will work with you as much as possible to accommodate this but there may be an increase in the fee depending on the changes.
In the event that you cancel the wedding completely or postpone but do not have a rescheduled date secured prior to an official shut down by government or your venue:
- Please inform me as soon as possible
- This will be dealt with on a case by case basis and I aim to help everyone as much as possible but as a small business, this currently would mean the cancellation clauses in my contract being invoked. Any losses to you arising from this would need to be recovered via your insurer.
The relevant T's and C's within our contract:
DEFINITIONS Contract - This document along with any endorsed attachments, amendments or revisions.
I, Me, My, The DJ - The performer and person issuing this contract, JAMES MOORE, and any representatives.
You, Your - The person(s) or organisation(s) name at (1) above.
Venue - The same place listed at (2) above.
Schedule - The date(s) and timing(s) listed at (3) above.
Extras - Any additional products, items or services provided by the DJ listed at (4) above.
Fee - The amount detailed at (5) above.
Booking fee - The non refundable amount detailed at (6) above.
Remaining Balance - The amount detailed at (7) above.
Parties - Me and You
1) Once signed by YOU this CONTRACT represents a formal and legally binding agreement under Scottish law between ME and YOU.
3) The CONTRACT may be cancelled by either of the PARTIES at any time. If YOU cancel, this CONTRACT will remain in force until cancellation is confirmed in writing by ME. If YOU do not receive written confirmation of cancelation from ME within 7 days of your request to cancel, it is YOUR responsibility to further pursue the matter as the initial request to cancel may not have reached ME. The effective date of cancellation shall be the date of receipt of the cancellation notice. The following conditions shall apply to the cancellation of this CONTRACT.
a) If YOU cancel the CONTRACT at any time, or for any reason, any BOOKING FEE and / or payment towards the BALANCE paid shall be retained my ME. If I go on to rebook the same date YOU will be reimbursed for all monies paid towards YOUR booking. It is YOUR responsibility to pursue this reimbursement.
b) If I cancel this CONTRACT at any time, or for any reason, any BOOKING FEE and/or payment towards the BALANCE made by YOU shall be refunded by ME to YOU within 28 days of the date of notification of any such cancellation.
c) The PARTIES mutually agree to provide as much notice as possible of their intent to cancel this CONTRACT.
4) Every reasonable endeavour should be made by the PARTIES to honour the terms of this CONTRACT, however the PARTIES agree that from time to time, circumstances may dictate that fulfilling any, some or all parts of this CONTRACT may not be possible.
Neither of the PARTIES may attempt to enforce any part of this CONTRACT where such enforcement would be:
a) Prohibited by local, national or international law.
b) Hazardous to persons or property (including transportation and equipment)
c) Contrary to the rules, regulations or expectations, formal, implied or otherwise, of the VENUE.
In the event that there's an official shut down:
- This will be updated when there is a clearer understanding of what measures will be implemented. I will provide guidance and advice at that time.
Hopefully this explains things and allays any fears or worries you may have but if you have any further questions then please don't hesitate to send me an e-mail or contact me on 07783 946 030
Thank you and stay safe